Nicholas R. Wood
Frostcoredesign@Gmail.com - Facebook - linkedin - ArtStation - Buy Prints -
I am a conceptual designer and world builder. Specializing in virtual character and world development and interactions.
- Associates of Visual communication and Graphic design from ITT-tech Boise, Idaho - 2010
- Bachelors of Science in Virtual Technology and Design from the University of Idaho - 2014
- Masters of Integrated Architecture and Design at University of Idaho - Current
- Research Grant recipient from the EPSCoR -2014-2015
- 2 Telly Award nominations - 2014
- Bronze Telly Award winner - 2014
Project Lead - Polymorphic Games
2016 - current
I had the honor of leading the team the team of Polymorphic Games studio on Darwin's Demons. Darwin's Demons is an evolutionary driven space shooter taking place in the Polymorphic universe against the Protean Swarm.
My contribution induced:
- Team direction of an interdisciplinary team of Scientists, Computer Scientists, Biologists, Artists, Musicians and Documentarians.
- Art direction of small art team including 2d and 3d artists.
- Concept design - character and ship design
- World building - Story and character development
- Development of upgrade system
- Upgrade and unlock balance.
- Game testing and deployment.
Learn more at - http://www.polymorphicgames.com/ - Youtube -
Animatic Concept for Evolve TD
3d key frame animations:
Work done for the University of Idaho, School of Food Sciences.
Character models by Zygote http://www.zygote.com/
Virtualized SES - Salmon Sim
Unity 3d asset development and Environmental design for VTL deployment.
3ds Max, Photoshop, Quixel Unity 3d
Traditional media and Sculpture
The Shield Project